is a powerful text editor featuring syntax highlighting, project management, a great user interface and it is free, open source text editor that support several programming language.
- Bookmarks (both numbered and plain)
- Code Folding/Outlining
- Docking tool windows - much better than those in version 1
- Excellent external tool support with user-configurable
- output matching - click on errors and warnings to jump right to
- the place in the file where they were generated
- Export to HTML (using CSS) and RTF
- File association manager
- In-file method/definition navigation (using Ctags)
- No limit on file size (although large files may take a while to load)
- Non fixed-width font support
- Projects and Project Groups with multi-level folders and file system mirroring
- Quick Search toolbar with links to Google and Google Groups
- Regular expression search and replace
- Support for unicode files
- Support for windows, unix and macintosh file formats
- Syntax highlighting for many languages through "schemes".
- Tabbed MDI interface
- Text Clips
- Unlimited number of schemes supported, powerful syntax highlighting supporting both user-defined and built-in schemes
- User-defined schemes (XML)
Plain Text, Ada, Assembler, Batch files, C/C++, C#, CSS, D, Diff, Docbook XML, Hypertext, IDL, JAVA, JavaSccript, LaTex, Make, Modula-2, NSIS2 Installer, Pascal, Perl, PL/SQL, Properties, Python, Ruby, SQL, TCL, VBScript, VHDL, Visual Basic, XML
Programmer Notepad has several plugin, you can download on their site.